We’ve had a busy few weeks here at Ross Parry Dentist. Here’s a run down on what’s going on, and what’s coming next…
- Mishari attended the Sleep Down Under conference at the Brisbane Convention Centre. This is run annually by the Australian Sleep Association and lasts for three days. The Dental Sleep Medicine component emphasised the multidisciplinary approach to the treatment of sleep disorders. Mishari learned from some of Australia’s most experienced dentists, sleep physicians, ENT specialists and psychologists. He also kept up to date with the latest evidence based clinical protocols and guidelines. See Mishari’s blog on sleep disorders here.
Mishari at the Sleep Down Under Conference.
- Kathryn and Emily also attended a course – Updates in Infection Control. We’re very strict on our infection control procedures and ensuring we are keeping up to date and operating within the guidelines for best practice.
- We changed to a fully computerised patient record system mid October. Thanks to all those patient patients during those first few days. Now that it’s up and running, it means less paper waste, a more streamlined system and you can book your appointments online. Check out our online booking here.
Mishari enjoyed two weeks overseas visiting his family who he hadn’t seen for 2 years, coming back refreshed and ready for the pre-Christmas rush. Now is the time to get your tooth whitening started in time for Christmas, or get the kids in for their summer holiday check-up and cleans.
Mishari catching a beautiful sunset on his
trip to Kuwait.
Dr Parry and his wife Sue both retired at the beginning of November. We enjoyed a celebration in the practice of Dr Parry’s 40+ years in dentistry. He has built quite a legacy, and we are excited to keep building on this and move forward with some more upgrades. Sue and Ross will be missed by the patients and by us here at the practice, but we wish them the happiest of retirements and we’re sure Dr Parry will enjoy many more rounds of golf!
Mishari and Dr. Parry.
- Look out next year for our new name and new logo.
- If you want to book in before the end of the year, please be aware that we will be closed from the 21st December until the 14th January.
- We have some other exciting changes for next year planned, including going digital with our x-ray system and applying for dental practice accreditation. Watch this space…